Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friday Party Feature - Musical Birthday Party

I know what you're thinking..."Heidi, it's not Wednesday or Monday. Why are you posting?" Depending on your feedback, I may make this a weekly thing. Watch out! :p 

I wanted to share this adorable birthday party with you. My friend & co-worker, Morgan Braswell, planned a musical birthday party for her son Mason that turned 1. She had some really great & thirfty ideas that I thought you would love. 

I want to apologize for the pictures. I think it may be my fault. I couldn't get them to upload to a large size. At least you'll be able to get the jist of Morgan's great ideas!


Morgan made her own "staff" of musical note cupcakes. 



Morgan made the musical notes out of melted chocolate. If you want to do this (or any other shape), print off (or draw) your shape, lay wax paper over it & trace with the chocolate. Allow to dry & you have your cupcake accessory.


This next idea was brilliant! Morgan wanted to make edible pianos so she took graham crackers, white chocolate & pieces of hershey bars as "keys." Apparently the taste was pretty AH-MAh-zing! 


She strung a musical note banner. 


And here's the birthday boy. So cute! 


Happy Birthday, Mason! 


Thanks so much to Morgan for letting me share her creative ideas & adorable pictures.

If you have a party you'd like to share or if you've tried a Parties for Pennies project yourself, I'd love to feature you on the blog. You can comment here or email me at: heidi@heidirew.com 


Hope you have a great Easter! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3