Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Pops

...I guess I could also label this "Strawberry Cheesecake Pops" because that's what they taste like but I just loved adorable little Strawberry Shortcake as a kid...and...I'm short...so anything that sounds cute with "short" in it....sign. me. up.

The idea for this came from a snack my mom used to make when I was a kid. She'd take a graham cracker & spread it with low fat/light strawberry cream cheese. Yummy in my tummy. It gave you just enough sweetness but not enough to spiral you into a sweet coma.

So...I decided to recreate that in the form of a "pop" since...

...that's what they're all doin these days & I'm totally game with jumpin off that bridge.

Here's what you need to gather - :-)


Graham Crackers
Strawberry Cream Cheese
White Chocolate Candy Melts or Bark
Lollipop Sticks (Sorry they didn't make it into the "shoot"...they're kinda divas & took too long with hair & makeup...ugh) ;p 


First you spread a generous amount on one graham cracker (as the picture demonstrates ;p).


Then place the lollipop stick in the center of the graham cracker. I added some more cream cheese on top of the stick as well. 


Marry the two like shown in the picture above & refrigerate or freeze. I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes or so & that worked perfectly. 

The next part comes illustration-free. :-( So sorry. I got so excited & my hands were all messy with the chocolate & I kept licking it & some got in my hair & so I just didn't end up reaching for my camera. But this part is easy. You can so do it & lets be honest...I make my illustrations/picture instructions easy like kindergarten level. Yes, this is a reflection of ME not YOU. So your intelligence can handle these next steps. 

~ Microwave chocolate according to the instructions on the bag in a glass measuring cup or deep bowl.
~ Take the strawberry cream cheese/graham pops & dip them in the chocolate. 

hint: I would dip them then rest the bottom (w/out the stick) on a spoon & let the excess chocolate drip off. 

~ Lay your dipped pops on wax paper & allow to dry. 


They are delicious! They really do taste like strawberry cheesecake dipped in white chocolate. This would be a great dessert for a little girls Strawberry Shortcake party or a baby shower. One of my taste testers (Jeff Carter) suggested freezing them. Yummo! 


Bonus - I added some pink sprinkles I had on hand. You could add all kinds of decorations - initials, graham cracker crumbs, etc. 

To keep the pops in place, I used floral foam I had got from Goodwill awhile back. The pink basket was in the dollar bin at Target (umm...I get so excited about that area! My man definitely tries to steer me away but he can't help the pull of fate. ;p). 

The white "fluff" is just white paper put through a shredder & "scrunched" (like you do when you're trying to get your hair to curl up). 

The breakdown -

Total amount spent = $9.00
Total time spent = 20 minutes (minus time in the freezer)
Total cakes made = Dozen 

$0.75 each cake 








http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html.

6 comments:

  1. Rew, these look great!!!! I may have to use this idea for fun Christmas treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! :-) You'll have to post pics of them, if you do. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummo these look great and perfect for my camping party next week.
    Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
    have a great crafting week!
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie...these would be perfect for a camping party! I hope you do a post about your camping party..can't wait to see it. Consider me on board with your weekly party & thanks for letting me know about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How yummy! These would have been great for my strawberry shortcake party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking them out Lisa! They were delish! Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3