Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chalkboard Charger

Hey guys! First of all, thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate you reading, commenting...or even just a swift glance. :-) Could you do me a favor? I need some constructive criticism and/or what you want to see more of here on this blog. Could you email me if there is anything you'd like to see on here or if there's something really annoying about me? Scratch that...I don't want your typing fingers to get exhausted from the list of annoying things. Just let me know your feedback. Also...email me if you have "party block" (ya know, like writers block) maybe I could help think of some ideas for you. Here's where to find me: heidi@heidirew.com

Okay...now on to a couple ideas I have for you this week. First of all, this is whatcha need -


The slate tile is from Home Depot. It was about $1/tile. When you go to look for the slate tile, make sure you try & find one with the smoothest surface possible. Some of the tiles were a little ridgey (hmm...the computer proofreader says that's not a word...oh well). The felt guides were a couple bucks & I got them at Publix but you can find them anywhere. I already had the chalk but you can get that at most stores for about $0.99. 


Clean the surface of the tile with soap & water. Then attach the felt guides to the bottom. 


You can use this for a kids party & it doubles as a "charger" as well as a game board. Allow the kids to draw on it with the chalk or play tic tac toe, hangmen, etc. 


For a little over $1 each...you have a party activity, name setting & a charger. BUT...there's also another use for this little project...


A cheese plate! :-) You know what my biggest complaint with cheese plates is? WHEN people don't label the cheese. I grew up in the South where there was only one kind of cheese...and it came packaged in the Kraft mac n cheese box...and on special occasions, we'd break out the frozen lasagna from Costco. We had a big family & didn't have much money...I only recently found out that Brie wasn't just a pretty girls name. So...now...you can easily label the cheeses for those still trying to break into the refined life. ;p 


Just lay your cheese spread out & use the chalk to label the different cheeses. Side note - I love cheese plates...they're so easy for parties but cheese can be quite pricey. So far, I've found Costco to have the cheapest cheese. 



Another side note: Those crackers are these new wheat thin "flatbread" crackers & they are quite delicious. Like...pry them out of my fingers I've already had half a box good. :-) So you can either take that as a warning or a recommendation. 


I just included the picture above b/c I was playing with the vase of flowers. I know...I just need to keep working on my photography skills. :p 

Stay tuned for next week b/c I'm going to begin my Halloween party ideas/projects. Can't wait to show you! I hope you have a great week!








1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea - I really love the cheese plate, too!! you are so very creative! : )

    Aimee @
    justkiddingaroundatlanta

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3